To take this a step further, highly detailed 3D surgical guides can be fabricated that improves the placement of each individual implant keeping in mind and improving the end result, the crown on the implant. This special surgical guide is pre-made before the dental implant placement surgery, taking out all the guesswork with implant placement, meaning all angles and depts are predetermined making surgery happen more efficiently and accurately.
What are the benefits of surgically Guided Implants?
- More precise and accurate procedure for placing implants.
- Preserves vital anatomic structures (adjacent teeth, nerves, vessels and sinuses) by allowing visualization of the relationship between the planned restoration and the bony anatomy.
- Substantially reduces the time necessary for implant surgery.
- Due to extensive planning prior to implant placement, there are fewer unexpected findings during surgery.
- In certain cases, surgery can be performed "flapless" with less need to manipulate gum tissue.
- In certain cases, tooth removal with immediate implant placement can be performed with more stability.
- In certain cases, pre-made, temporary crowns can be immediately placed on the implants at the time of implant placement.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (507) 625-0291. We look forward to meeting you and offering you the treatment you deserve!